Marking its 10th anniversary, The International Queer Film Festival Merlinka will be taking place from 6-12th December at the Belgrade Youth Centre, with a goal towards promoting the LGBT+ culture, empowering the LGBT+ community in Serbia, and shedding light on the existence, experiences and culture of LGBT+ people.
The “Merlinka” Festival will commence on Thursday, December 6th, with the opening ceremony starting at 9PM, followed by the festival’s main program.
This year the main program will be held simultaneously at three auditoriums: Main Hall, Americana and Club. The halls in front of auditoriums will be available for the side programs.
The slogan of this year’s festival is “In spite of all”, by which we want to illustrate the persistence needed for making it to the 10th festival.
We want to invite all talented people who perceive the LGBT identity through art, to be the part of the 10th Merlinka festival and provide us with suggestions for the side program; it being:
– debates, chats, literary evenings, promotions, presentations… on the topic of queer art and culture
– exhibitions, their topic being LGBT identity and existence
– performances with strong queer elements, drag shows, stand-ups
– musical and dance numbers (solo or group) at the grand opening and closing or during the festival
– parties, DJ sets, concerts during the whole course of the festival (after the main program)
– other suggestions for making the program more diverse
The festival’s organizers are open to any suggestions, according to the basic principles of promoting human rights and activist conduct. Please keep in mind the different limitations such as the time required for the realization, financial resources and the technical demands.
You can submit your proposals via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your suggestions.